Bella Vida

Married for 6 years. Trying to have a baby almost as long. Living a Beautiful Life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Married & Trying to have a baby for almost 4 years. Dealing with MF (male factor infertility).

Monday, June 25, 2007

Hmmm...cake

Today is The Great Cake Day! I was planning to make cupcakes, however, D surprised me with a cake on Friday night. So here it is:



Hubbs and I talked a lot this weekend about IF and how we're feeling. Sometimes I assume he's not affected by this whole nightmare I guess b/c he doesn't have diarrhea of the IF-mouth like I do. But he is hurt. He is sad. He is scared we won't be parents. He is scared he won't be a father. He is scared he won't get the chance to create a human life and teach him to be a better human being. It's strange how him showing his vulnerability makes me want to be stronger for both of us. So, this is cake dedicated to D. Besides, he ate most of it anyway :)

I still know nothing about his results. Will update when I do.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lollipop Goldstein said...

Mmmm, it looks so pretty (though I bet it has enormous chunks taken out of it by now as well it should!). I'm glad he surprised you. And shared all of that with you.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Sunny said...

Yummy!!!! What a sweet man!!!

3:08 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

A man who surprises you with cake. Now he's a keeper.

I'm sorry he's hurting too. I know what you mean, they talk so much less so we assume they care less, it isn't always the case.

But surprise cake. I'm very impressed.

3:53 PM  
Blogger One View said...

What a sweetie your DH is.. ! I know what you mean about our DH's hurting through IF. I'm so open and vocal about my feelings and DH hasn't but I know he's hurting as well.

I also just caught up on your last copule of posts and I hope for some good news with DH's SA.. :) I think its great you want to do a charity event for IF awareness.. :) :) Good luck and keep us posted.. :)

6:19 PM  
Blogger ultimatejourney said...

What a beautiful cake! D sounds like a great guy. I've still got my fingers crossed hard for good results.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Changing Expectations said...

Your cake looks awesome. Wish I was there to grab a piece. That is so nice that he surprised you.

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home