Bella Vida

Married for 6 years. Trying to have a baby almost as long. Living a Beautiful Life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Married & Trying to have a baby for almost 4 years. Dealing with MF (male factor infertility).

Friday, June 15, 2007

Can people see sadness in your soul?

This is my question of the day. Can someone who doesn't know you, look at you and see the sadness that is in your soul? I don't really look at people anymore. I stay quiet. Look down. Keep it moving. Today I wondered what people think when they see me. An empty shell? Maybe not. Maybe people don't bother to look either...anymore.

It's been a rough few days since my last post. I'll save you from my usual gory details, but I still don't have AF. She's chasing spot around the yard. Today was my first real day of seeing something barely there consistently while doing the TP tango.

D has semen analysis on Wednesday. Hopefully we can do unmedicated IUIs.

The Soprano's pissed me off. But today I read a theory that made sense. Tony had a convo with Bobby where he said he thought when you die there is nothing but silence and everything goes black. The scene with the convo was actually replayed earlier. Interesting.

Back to Jack.

10 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

I'm not sure that people see sadness. I think most people are so consumed by their own stuff they don't see very much, especially if it is a quiet sadness. The people who know you will see it though. They don't always know how to deal with it but I'm sure they know.

I'm sorry you're going through such a rough time. It's a horrible feeling to realise you've kind of lost yourself.

I really hope you can do the IUIs. I think being proactive, in some way, really helps cope.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Sunny said...

I can see the sadness sometimes. I work hard to cover mine.

I am sorry you are going through a yuck time. I hope having a plan soon will lift your spirits.

10:22 PM  
Blogger TeamWinks said...

I think only those closest to you can truly see the sadness. Others are just too busy with themselves to see it.

8:50 AM  
Blogger One View said...

I'm not sure if people can see sadness either. I've too wondered the same thing. I agree that most people are too self absorbed in their life to notice. But during my most difficult time for me, people noticed something diferent by just talking to me. I had so many people ask if something is wrong and I realized I really must be sad. I had a post about this.

I'm sorry for what you are going through right now. We are here to listen and support you. Big hugs to you!!

2:00 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I think some people do see sadness in one's soul. But, on the other hand, people don't think of us nearly as often as we think they do.

8:47 PM  
Blogger LJ said...

I think total strangers can, for sure. Not always, but they can. For example, I've been walking down the street and a random guy (always guys above 40) say, kindly "smile baby!" and the like. It's interesting to me, and usually when I am having a terrible day.

11:02 AM  
Blogger Shelby said...

Looking forward to meeting you tonight!!

I definitely think some people can see sadness, if they're not so consumed in their own lives. I think I notice others sadness more when I'm sad myself.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Changing Expectations said...

I think that only certain types of people understand sadness. It takes a special person to reach outside of themselves to notice others.

I am sorry that you are feeling down right now. IF is so damn tough - nothing should be this hard. Hang in there. I am thinking about you.

It was so nice meeting you tonight. I wish that we had gotten a chance to talk some more. Hopefully we can all get together again soon.

11:49 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

It was great to meet you tonight. Unfortunately, you were on the other side of the table so we didn't get to talk much. I'm looking forward to seeing you again at the next get together.

12:23 AM  
Blogger In and Out of Luck said...

It was great to meet you last night. I'm hoping the results of your husband's SA come out well. I know the sadness feeling and I'm sorry it's a rough time.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home