Bella Vida

Married for 6 years. Trying to have a baby almost as long. Living a Beautiful Life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Married & Trying to have a baby for almost 4 years. Dealing with MF (male factor infertility).

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

DC GTG and charity event

Last night was a great time. I really enjoyed meeting everyone and I look forward to doing it again soon. Hello to all the Queens :)
LJ
Mel at Stirrup Queens
Shelby at A Sister for Celia
In and Out of Luck
Changing Expectations
Leah at Tales from My Dusty Ovaries
Karen at My Perky Ovaries
Lea Bee at Not How I Planned It

This week is going by quickly. Today D went in for his "five knuckle shuffle" as he calls it and we should have the results in tomorrow. Well, that's hopeful thinking really. He probably won't get them until his appointment with the urologist on Friday. I just called the office (SA office) and they are saying about a week--which I know it doesn't take a week. Hopefully we'll get them back sooner than that. They'll have to explain why if we don't have them by Friday at the latest. Anyway, that's that. Waiting for test results is the worst. HSG is one of my favs b/c at least you know instantly.

I have lots of blogs to comment on. I've been quiet in my head this week. I'm feeling ok. My monitor is 2-days off. Don't think it really matters though.

Something I've been thinking about a lot is Infertility Awareness and the tremendous expense involved in infertility treatment. About a month ago, Foreverhopeful posted about a Charity Run/Walk for IF in Canada. I think it's a great idea. I also think doing events like this walk/run will help get the word out about IF and help put pressure on more states to require IF coverage for everyone. When thinking about this, I can't help but think of the Komen Foundation's Race for the Cure, which I have participated in over the last 7 years or so. The organization was started when twenty-women got together and raised over $1 million in a year.
If anyone else in interested in working on this Infertility Awareness charity effort with me, please email me: dmarie @ ureach dot com. I need something else to focus on and what better than to help others?

Other Infertility Awareness efforts:
Infertility's Common Thread
International Infertility Film Festival

7 Comments:

Blogger ultimatejourney said...

LOL at the "five knuckle shuffle." I hope the results exceed your expectations.

I've also thought about the fact that if breast cancer has a walk, IF could also. I'll send you an email because I'm definitely interested in being involved in this IF awareness effort.

6:15 PM  
Blogger LJ said...

I love this idea - I'm game to help with it. I have two feelings:
1. There are going to be more and more women and men affected by IF in the future.

2. If we ladies had penises, there'd be a cure for IF already.

Not to mention, walking will help us keep the drug weight at bay...

6:22 PM  
Blogger Changing Expectations said...

Hi there. I had to laugh with the "five knuckle shuffle" reference. Too funny.

I am definitely interested in helping out with the event. I will email you for the info. Thanks for pursuing this.

9:08 PM  
Blogger TeamWinks said...

I read on several of your sites that you ladies had a blast last night. Lucky all of you!

9:47 PM  
Blogger Somewhat Ordinary said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! The "five knuckle shuffle" had me cracking up!

I would love to help with some sort of walk or effort. I am all for getting IF awareness out there and would be a very willing contributor.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Esperanza said...

Sign me up please. Such a great idea! I am so jealous of you ladies in the DC area :). Sounds like you had a great idea.

My email is flutterofhope at yahoo dot com.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Lollipop Goldstein said...

I love this. I'm also involved with RESOLVE and would love to see if they'd get involved once we start planning. I'm totally in with this.

I started laughing aloud at 5 Knuckle Shuffle and had to call it across the room to my husband. He cracked up too.

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home