Bella Vida

Married for 6 years. Trying to have a baby almost as long. Living a Beautiful Life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Married & Trying to have a baby for almost 4 years. Dealing with MF (male factor infertility).

Friday, May 04, 2007

To all the sombody's I know

While visting blogs I found this little gem at Anla's blog:

Somebody Said......


Somebody said "Just adopt; you'll get pregnant." This somebody doesnt know how it feels to try to figure out where to get the money for an adoption.

Somebody said "If it is meant to be, it will happen." This somebody never cried walking past the diaper section at the grocery store. (I actually added this one to my email sig)

Somebody said "You've got more time to spend together--be thankful." This somebody never stayed up until two in the morning arguing about ovulation charts.

Somebody said "Just relax and it will happen." Somebody's docter never told them that after the age of 30, chances of becoming pregnant decrease significantly.

Somebody said "You shouldn’t complain about something that you can't control." This somebody never wondered whose eyes and hair color the baby would have and then never found out.

Somebody said " You have more time to get a better education now." Somebody doesn’t know what a short luteal phase is or what polycystic ovarian syndrome is or an irregular cycle or what male factor is.

Somebody said "You cant miss something you never had." This somebody doesn’t know what its like to cry him or herself to sleep in an empty nursery.

Somebody said "You should try reading some books; theres got to be something else you can try." This somebody never tried standing on her head or drinking cough syrup when you're not sick.

Somebody said "Take one of my kids, I dont need them all." This somebody never tried to adopt, only to have the birthmother change her mind.

Somebody said "I'd sell everything I owned to get kids if I had to." This somebody never had to.

Somebody said "The hardest part of not having kids is not getting the tax deduction." This somebody never started her period at a baby shower.

Somebody said "A career is more important than being a mother." This somebody never wanted to be a mom.

Somebody said "If you don’t have kids, you're not missing anything." This somebody never went through infertility.

3 Comments:

Blogger LIW (Lady In Waiting) said...

This post was incredibly beautiful in an incredibly painful way. Really, I would encourage you to submit this to the collection of posts that Stirrup Queens are keeping. Their website is: http://stirrup-queens.blogspot.com/. Your words will be powerful to all of the women in IF blogland.

Having said that, thanks for directing me to your blog. It sounds like you have been through a series of amazingly painful experiences and it breaks my heart to hear about them. At the same time, your will to survive is inspirational. I know that won't bring you much comfort but I hope it offers a little....

4:14 PM  
Blogger Darbs said...

I know I'm probably guilty of being one of these "Somebody's" at some point in time. Please forgive me. I don't know if I'll ever be able to say that I know what you are going through - or know how you feel - but I'm understanding a lot more now than I ever did before. What I can say, and what I will always say, is that I'm here...however, whenever and wherever you need me to be. I'm praying...

12:11 PM  
Blogger Helene said...

dmarie - Thank you so much for posting in my blog. I have read your past blog posts and finally I think I - you - have found someone that has a some what similar MF situation. Update on tobacco use- hub has not quit. Maybe when I go to the RE he will get motivated. I love this post - I can totally relate!

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home