Bella Vida

Married for 6 years. Trying to have a baby almost as long. Living a Beautiful Life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Married & Trying to have a baby for almost 4 years. Dealing with MF (male factor infertility).

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Baby abandoned

Tonight on the news there was a report of a 7-month-old baby boy abandoned less than 10 miles from my house. Isn't that something. It just makes me ill and sad. Someone left the child at a firehouse and now police are looking for the parents. Looking for the parents that did not want or could not take care of this child. There is a safe haven law here in MD which states "any mother or responsible person can hand in an unharmed infant, three days old or younger through a safe haven location." Firehouses, police stations and hospitals all qualify as safe haven locations. Earlier this week there was a story about a beautiful little girl who was left in her car seat on the highway (speed limit 55). The car was seen going the wrong way and some Samaritan followed it as it crashed into a rail that surrounds a river. When my best friend was living in LA a woman approached her on the street and offered to sell her infant daughter for $20. It's all so unbelievable.

D and I talked about my appointment with the RE last night. Once he does another SA at the beginning of next month, we'll go from there. He says I seem rather numb. I think that's a good word for it. Everyday I feel like I'm having an out-of-body experience. I really wish I could hide it better. Especially from him. Who wants a wife that's depressed all the damn time. Enough already. Poor guy.

I'm trying to concentrate on home improvements. By the end of the summer some nice changes should have occurred. I'm really looking forward to the painting. It seems to be the new thing to have color walls--especially yellow. Which I love b/c it's my favorite.

Still crocheting. cd22...23

1 Comments:

Blogger dcfullest said...

I had to turn off the tv when that story about the abandoned baby came on. Somehow the universe seems wrongs if they get a kid and I don't :(

Thanks for reading my blog!
dcfullest.livejournal.com

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home