Bella Vida

Married for 6 years. Trying to have a baby almost as long. Living a Beautiful Life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Married & Trying to have a baby for almost 4 years. Dealing with MF (male factor infertility).

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

My poor baby


I'm a nervous wreck today. My baby had to go in for dental surgery this morning. He's an 8-year-old Yorkie. My Shelbie.

************************************************************

Yesterday, I couldn't even finish the above post. Tear meltdown. He came through the surgery fine. The doctor said she felt more comfortable taking him home with her overnight so she could watch him and give him pain injections if he needed them during the night. If I had brought him home, I would have had to give him pills for pain which don't work as quickly. The vet called me this morning to say he's doing great. He didn't want his food last night so they sat and had a bowl of soup together...lol She kept saying how cute he is and now I'm thinking she probably doesn't want to give him back :)

All I can say is that if any of you have a pet, please take care of their teeth. Shelbie has always had bad breath, and I had no idea that it was because of his teeth. He's always been a good eater and never seemed to be in pain because his teeth. The amount of guilt I feel over what my poor little baby had to go through yesterday is unbelievable. I feel terrible. And in the end it is my fault. I just hope and pray he recovers well and I will do my best to care for him.

6 Comments:

Blogger ultimatejourney said...

I'm sorry your sweet dog had to go through that. Glad to hear he's on the mend.

2:50 PM  
Blogger hopeful to hateful in 28 days said...

Our pets are our babies. Its ok that you worried and cried. I would have done the same if it had been my kitties.

PS Your baby is VERY cute!

8:36 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

We have a Boston Terrier (our baby) and the vet tells us that small breeds are prone to having dental issues which can lead to more serious illnesses. We were told to make sure we have her teeth cleaned regularly. It's so hard to keep up with that as it costs quite a bit of money each time due to anasthetic.

I'm glad to hear that Shelbie is doing well! This is a good reminder to me to get my Quincy in to see the 'dentist'.

11:56 PM  
Blogger One View said...

So sorry to hear about Shelbie's surgery.. :( We have two dogs as well who are our babies. My one dog who was only 2 had to go in for a dental cleaning recently due to tartar build up. Our vet recommended these dental foods that cleans their teeth. So we give it to them every day and they like it like treats. My other dog who is older loves it and eats so many that he's never had to do a dentail cleaning yet. I'm also trying to brush their teeth when I can but its hard.. :(

2:06 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

I worry so much about my dogs too.
Hope Shelbie is on top form now.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Darbs said...

I don't even need to tell you how I feel...Auntie loves him sooooo much! Don't worry...you're a good Mom and he will be fine...he's a fighter!

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home