Bella Vida

Married for 6 years. Trying to have a baby almost as long. Living a Beautiful Life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Married & Trying to have a baby for almost 4 years. Dealing with MF (male factor infertility).

Monday, August 27, 2007

Infertility's Common Thread Freebie *Updated*

*FREE bracelets have all been given away!*

Make you OWN bracelet: Instructions HERE

When I first started blogging and discovered Mel's blog, I learned about Infertility's Common Thread. It's a bracelet that you wear to show support and help raise awareness for Infertility (IF). I'm offering to send 100 FREE bracelets to anyone who wants one. After the first 100, the bracelets will be for sale with 100% of the profit going to an IF Charity. More information on purchasing a bracelet will be available in the next few weeks. Please check back!

The catch. Always read the fine print.
Once you receive your FREE bracelet, please include a link back to Infertility's Common Thread and put the Icon on your blog.

If you don't blog, consider including links back to the site in your email signature. Every little mention helps spread the word.

"The pomegranate* thread holds a two-fold purpose: to identify and create community between those experiencing infertility as well as create a starting point for a conversation. Women pregnant through A.R.T., families created through adoption, or couples trying to conceive during infertility can wear the thread, identifying themselves to others in this silent community. At the same time, the string serves as a gateway to conversations about infertility when people inquire about its purpose. These conversations are imperative if we are ever to remove the social stigma attached to infertility.Tie on the thread because you’re not alone. Wear to make aware." from Infertility's Common Thread



Again, visit Infertility's Common Thread for more info on pomegranates and fertility. Find out how this movement started!

To receive a bracelet, send an email with your info to: infertility.bracelet@gmail.com

*
For those that are worried about this bracelet being mistaken for a red Kabbalah bracelet, put your worries to rest. The color is not at all red. It's more maroon and purple. Like the seeds of a pomegranate.
For those of you that have tried to request a bracelet and had your email bounce--please send an email to dmarie @ ureach dot com (without the spaces). I have no idea why this is happening with gmail. If you have sent a request and you didn't get a response back for me, I didn't receive your request.
*FREE bracelets have all been given away!*

18 Comments:

Blogger hammygirl said...

This is a really nice thing you're doing here! Great idea!

2:00 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

You are so sweet to do this! I will definitely be signing up :)

11:12 AM  
Blogger JJ said...

I made one right before our IVF, and Ive loved wearing it ever since!
Beautiful gesture to share your time and effort to make people aware!=)

2:32 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

I tried to make my own but it kept breaking. Maybe I'm just not crafty enough! I would definitely like one!

4:48 PM  
Blogger Pamela T. said...

Brilliant! Really appreciate you taking the lead here on such a meaningful, physical acknowledgement. Is there Javascript for the icon as well as the image? My sidebar is very fussy. Thanks, PJ

5:07 PM  
Blogger Ms. Perky said...

what a great idea! I sent you an email! :)

7:07 PM  
Blogger One View said...

What a nice idea.. :) :) and so nice of you to be doing this for everyone.

7:18 PM  
Blogger Sherry said...

What a fantastic idea!

I want one too - but would be completely willing to pay for it!

9:22 PM  
Blogger Kami said...

I managed to make one myself, but I am sure yours look better! I am going to email every IF friend I have to let them know. Let me know where I can send a donation.

12:35 AM  
Blogger IdleMindOfBeth said...

I'd love one! I've already got the ICT logo on my blog, but have to verify that I have a working link. Thanks so much for this!

email sent!

2:49 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Great idea - I would love one!!

3:26 PM  
Blogger Serenity said...

Great idea - would love one. Mine broke a while back.

4:07 PM  
Blogger dmarie said...

I'm so glad people are responding and want to take part! Remember to send an email with your ADDRESS if you want to receive a free bracelet. There are plenty left!

infertility.bracelet@gmail.com

10:53 AM  
Blogger Susan JL said...

What a wonderful gesture! Thank you for taking the time to do this. I have just come your way by Hopeful to Hateful. Every little bit helps. I think it will be great to open people's eyes.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Pamela T. said...

I got my bracelet on Saturday and wrote about it this weekend! Thanks again for organizing the effort. Really means a lot to have it...

11:14 AM  
Blogger Tina / Anxious Changer said...

I meant to respond and tell you I got my bracelet. Thanks! It is lovely - much nicer than I could have done myself!

1:35 PM  
Blogger hammygirl said...

I have two friends I need to order bracelets for - let me know how much and how to send you funds when you have a sec. :)

9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll take one if you still have any left. I've been making stabs at putting one together for myself, but just haven't finished (probably b/c it looks like crap). Thanks.

8:10 AM  

<< Home