Bella Vida

Married for 6 years. Trying to have a baby almost as long. Living a Beautiful Life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Married & Trying to have a baby for almost 4 years. Dealing with MF (male factor infertility).

Friday, November 09, 2007

Bracelets are GONE!! More info



Wow--this has been a long journey! Since August I've been giving away bracelets and I've finally reached my goal of 100 Free Infertility Awareness bracelets given away. I have "met" lots of new bloggers and non bloggers with many that have touched my heart by sharing personal stories. Thank you all so much!

Originally, I planned to start selling the bracelets with 100% of the profit going to Infertility Awareness after the freebies. However, it took quite a while to give away 100 so I just don't know there is a need for it. If you want to buy one, send me an email and I'll get a list going. If I get enough requests, I'll sell them: infertility.bracelets@gmail.com

Again, please visit the original post HERE to learn how this project started and what supplies you need to make your own bracelet.

OK, I've had lots of people wondering how to put the icon on their blog sidebar. I found a couple of articles that explain it:
Old Classic Blogger
New Blogger Version
I hope the articles are helpful! Good Luck.

Flor sent me an email asking me to post instructions on how I made the bracelets. Here you go:

1. Cut three 13.25" pieces of DMC 814 string/floss
2. Tie a knot 2" down
3. Secure the knotted threads to a pillow (can use anything)

4. Braid the threads

5. Be sure to stop at different points to untangle the bottom

6. Once you have a little over 7" of braided string, tie another knot. You should have 2" of unbraided thread on both ends.
You, of course, can make your bracelet shorter or longer. Good Luck!

One more thing. It's been interesting to read honest stories on blogs of people getting the bracelets and then being apprehensive to wear them. Coming out of the infertility closet can be really tough. Even if you never wear it, having it may just remind you at times that you are never alone in this struggle.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dee said...

Wow that's fantastic that you reached 100! I just may email you later :)

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

7:30 PM  
Blogger Lea Bee said...

fantastic that you gave away 100 bracelets! yay!

8:55 PM  
Blogger Pamela T. said...

I'm wearing mine right now! Thanks again for spearheading this. Learning how they're made, gave me an even bigger appreciation for mine!

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home