Bella Vida

Married for 6 years. Trying to have a baby almost as long. Living a Beautiful Life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Married & Trying to have a baby for almost 4 years. Dealing with MF (male factor infertility).

Friday, August 24, 2007

Rockin' Girl Blogger


Lub over at Quest for a Baby and Chili over at Waiting on Two Pink Lines have nominated lil o' me for a Rockin' Girl Blogger Award. I'm really excited! Why? Well, it's so nice to know that people actually read and like what you write. This couldn't have come at a better time. I was just saying to D (this week in fact) that I wasn't sure how I was feeling about continuing to blog. Sometimes I think/know my posts are so depressing. After my Pursuit of Happiness post, I felt like real crap. I don't want to come off as this depressed sad little person. Even though I am a lot of the time...lol I just gotta remember that blogging is for me, to help me sort out my feelings. I hope that my honesty, even when it isn't pretty, can help others feel not so alone.

Since I was nominated twice, I'm going to nominate 10 other Rockin' Girl Bloggers in no particular order :) Sorry if you've already been nominated!

Shelby at A Sibling for Celia--She is one of the first bloggers that reached out to me. Even offered to teach me how to knit!
Lunar at Fertility Futility--I've know her (online) almost as long as I've been dealing with IF. She's been through so much, and I'm glad she made it!!
Sunny at My Journey Towards my Little Miracle--Online and IRL she's a blast!
Carrie at Precious Little--I love her honesty.
Ultimate Journey at Still Trying After all Those Pills--She's an inspiration and has a really positive and thoughtful perspective.
Forever Hopeful at Wishing it Would Get Easier--I just love her posts. I love what her sister is doing for her.
Lea Bee at Not How I Planned It--The kitty pics crack me up! Plus she plays Ultimate and is pretty Rockin' IRL.
Trace at 1 Hardy Swimmer--I'm new to her blog, but I can already see how strong and brave she is.
Helene at Motherhood Bound--I admire her Faith so much.
Melinda at Living in Florence, Italy--Her blog is where I visit on days when I want to run away. This is where I'd go. (crap, the secret is out!...lol)

Now I gotta figure out how to put that little Rockin' icon to the left...

11 Comments:

Blogger hammygirl said...

Well colour me embarrassed! I completely forgot that lub had already nominated you when I nominated you! You deserve a double nomination though - sorry for the extra work though!

4:26 PM  
Blogger Sunny said...

You are too .... AMAZING! We need to get together again IRL before DC bloggers. :) THANK YOU !!!!

8:46 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Thank you, sweetheart, how kind of you. I feel my posts are very depressing these days. I keep having to remind myself that I write for me, even when I'm down.

I love the sound of your new hobby. How fun! Will be looking for some tips soon!

10:16 AM  
Blogger ultimatejourney said...

Wow, thanks for the incredibly sweet nomination! I really enjoyed hearing your thoughts on my blog, and I'm truly flattered.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Lea Bee said...

aww, thanks. sniff! hope to see you in sept.

3:03 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Congrats on the nominations! Well deserved!

As far as putting the bling in your sidebar, right click and save the bling to your computer. Then, you want to go to your Template and Add A Page Element. From there, you can insert a picture. It is pretty user friendly but if you can't figure it out, let me know.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Helene said...

Thank you so much for nominating me, it means a lot!

:)

7:14 AM  
Blogger dmarie said...

Chili--don't feel embarrassed!! I feel so honored :) Plus I got to brag to my DH twice! lol

Kristen--thx for the tips. For some reason, I don't have the "add a page" option? I had to go in and add the html code myself.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Happy said...

Aw shucks, thank! I've never had anything like that before, and I've been blogging about our adoption for a year...yes, I'm a newby in the fertility world since we actually took the opposite approach than most people;-)

8:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your posts are always so honest. And thats good :) Its all about being able to vent and release- and who else understands that better than woman in the same position?! :) Hugs to you!

8:55 PM  
Blogger One View said...

I'm just slowly catching up on blogs (since I've been away and have limited access to internet). I'm so honored you nominated me as well. I'm just happy people are reading my blog and finding it helpful. I love your honesty and I think your nomination is well deserved.

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home