Bella Vida

Married for 6 years. Trying to have a baby almost as long. Living a Beautiful Life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Married & Trying to have a baby for almost 4 years. Dealing with MF (male factor infertility).

Monday, August 20, 2007

Weekend wrap-up

I had lovely time with all the DC Stirrup Queens at The Melting Pot. As always! Can't wait until September 23 for the next one!

My Jeep is still sick, but outta the shop for now. I'll have to take it back "once it's gets worse." Lovely.

One of my favorite dishes is what D and I refer to as Tuna Puna. It's grits, tuna and turkey bacon all mixed together. Fish and grits is a really common dish in the south, but tuna and grits is what's common in my house. Everyone I've convinced to try it has loved it. Anyway, I was making Tuna Puna and my animals were stalking me as usual so I decided to snap some pics. Pretty funny. At least to me and D.

The ingredients:

Grits, tuna and crumbled turkey bacon

The stalkers:

Pumpkin and Shelbie waiting for tuna. They listen for the can opener and then come bolting into the kitchen.

The finicky eater:

He sniffs it and if it doesn't meet his special kitty criteria he just looks at it like it's going to change. And then he looks at me with such disgust for attempting to try and feed him something so clearly no up to his standards. What kind of cat rejects tuna??

Finished:

Just mix and eat up!

Now I know no one will make this based on this post, but I thought I'd share anyway.

8 Comments:

Blogger hammygirl said...

I'm strangely intrigued by this food combination... so much so that I actually googled 'grits' which until now I did not know what they actually consisted of. I'm in awe that you can buy 'quick grits' just like we have 'quick oats'. That's awesome!

I don't eat bacon though... Do you think it would be as good without the bacon?

2:02 PM  
Blogger hammygirl said...

It might be moot though - I just went on the Quaker Canada site, and they don't distribute grits in Canada.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Shelby said...

It was so much fun to see you last night!!

I've never actually had grits, but I think i'd stick to butter, or cheese... I'm not a huge tuna fan.

3:14 PM  
Blogger JJ said...

Glad you gals had fun last night--cant wait to see you in September!
Love the pics=)

4:11 PM  
Blogger dmarie said...

I forgot to say that butter, salt and pepper are also part of the recipe :)

6:54 PM  
Blogger Lea Bee said...

i think pirate or rocco would have stuck their snout in the tuna puna up to their ears.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Meghan said...

Great to meet you last night!

Loved the pics of your kitty and the tuna! Mine will dig in and chow down whenever I'm not looking...and always ends up puking. Your cat is obviously way smarter than mine!

8:44 PM  
Blogger Happy said...

I found you through All Those Pill and I hope you don't mind if I follow your journey. We have male infertility also and are just beginning our fertility journey...

Trace
http://1hardyswimmer.blogspot.com/

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home