Bella Vida

Married for 6 years. Trying to have a baby almost as long. Living a Beautiful Life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Married & Trying to have a baby for almost 4 years. Dealing with MF (male factor infertility).

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Days 5 & 6 of Get Healthy

Yesterday was pretty uneventful. Today is shaping-up to be the same. I did make a great veggie soup last night for dinner. Here's the recipe:

Veggie Soup

2-cans vegetable broth
1-can chicken broth (If you don't want chicken broth, use another can of vegetable broth)
1-cup water
2-3 vegetable bullion cubes
1-can (or fresh) green beans drained
1-can navy or black beans drained
10-baby carrots diced or sliced
1-zucchini
1-onion
2-celery stalks
1/3-jalapeno sliced thin (optional)
1/2-yellow bell pepper (or green)
2-tablespoons dried Italian herbs
pepper to taste

Add broth and water to pot and all ingredients except for zucchini. Bring to a boil and simmer until carrots are tender. Add zucchini and cook for an additional 5-8 minutes. Until zucchini is tender, but not mushy.

This is the second time I made veggie soup this week. It's really tasty and easy to make. You can add any other veggies or substitute. The first time I used navy beans and the second I used black beans. Generally, I season "to-taste." You may want less bullion cubes, more water, etc.

I had one bowl and when I later went back to get another...here's what my husband left for me:

I guess he liked it :)

4 Comments:

Blogger astral said...

I love veggies and what better way to enjoy them than soup? That is a recipe I'm going to give a whirl. You know whose soup is yummy? Don't laugh--Richard Simmon's veg soup. It has barley it it. Yum!! My Nana makes it for me. I always make sure to put some in the freezer. Your husband liking veggies is awesome. Mine will only eat corn. My daughter loves vegetables, thank goodness.

3:41 PM  
Blogger AwkwardMoments said...

my husband is a veggie and a soup eater..he would love that

5:18 PM  
Blogger Meghan said...

Mmmmm...that looks good. We both love veggie soup, I'll have to give that a try

8:06 PM  
Blogger deanna said...

Wow, that looks like true super-food! Yum!

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home