Bella Vida

Married for 6 years. Trying to have a baby almost as long. Living a Beautiful Life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Married & Trying to have a baby for almost 4 years. Dealing with MF (male factor infertility).

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Shopping for the challenge



After meeting with the lovely DC Metro infertility bloggers, I stopped by Whole Foods to do a little shopping. Can I just tell you I felt completely freaked? I love Whole Foods and I was a shopper back when it was Fresh Fields, but going there sometimes causes more stress than its worth. Why is everyone in such a rush in that store and why-o-why are the stores all so small?? Today was by far my worst experience ever. It didn't help that I had a list of items I wasn't all that familiar with. I just couldn't take the time to look around. I got a few things and finished my shopping at Giant. There are other healthy and organic grocers in the area like M.O.M., so I'm going to definitely visit other places.

Here's what my table looks like tonight. My car smalled like a veggie garden on the way home...lol I'm not looking forward to washing all this stuff. Again, I'm reading Raw Food Detox Diet.

Hope everyone is up for the challenge starting tomorrow!! Thanks to all that are participating and if YOU want to participate, leave a comment and I'll add your name. As Bean said--"Go Team!"

Click the 30-Day Challenge Button on my sidebar to learn more about this challenge.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Grumbles said...

I actually live blocks away from a Whole Foods, but sometimes I go all the way out to the suburbs to shop at another one just because it is more spacious and less stress-inducing.

Good luck with the challenge!

9:45 PM  
Blogger Shelby said...

It was so great seeing you yesterday!! Good luck with the detox too!

Thankfully the Whole Foods in Gaithersburg isn't too bad as far as the rushing goes. I got so spoiled in Buffalo though, we have Wegmans (though there are a few down here, just an hour from me in either direction), and they are huge stores, with loads of great stuff. Yeah, I miss my grocery store, especially the meat department and the mostly local produce. ;)

9:29 AM  
Blogger In and Out of Luck said...

It was good to see you yesteday. I know, I'm afraid of Whole Foods in general. Good luck with the raw foods challenge!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Jendeis said...

I get challenged by Whole Foods too! In my dream world, I'd have an hour to shop in there by myself (ooh, except with a guide who knows where stuff is and how to cook it and what I should be getting!) And maybe he could have a British accent...

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home