Bella Vida

Married for 6 years. Trying to have a baby almost as long. Living a Beautiful Life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Married & Trying to have a baby for almost 4 years. Dealing with MF (male factor infertility).

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Green Drinks

There are 0 Freebie bracelets left

Again, please, please VOTE for MEL: here


In preparation for the 30-day get healthy challenge starting on November 12, I'm looking for healthy drinks. Dr. Oz has been on Oprah talking about healing the body through healthy foods and as I mentioned in another post, Kris Carr is a real inspiration. So the green drinks are all the rage! I need energy desperately, so I'm willing to try it. Here is Dr. Oz's recipe:

Dr. Oz's Green Drink recipe

4 Celery Stalks
1 Cucumber
1 Cup Spinach
1 Lemon
1 Lime
1 Large Apple
1/2 Inch Piece of Ginger
1/4 Cup chopped Parsley

Mix everything together in a juicer/blender and add ice! If you're accustomed to drinking really sweet drinks like I am, you may want to start out by adding unsweetened fruit juice, a carrot, additional apples or a banana. Look how great it looks in a martini glass...lol

If you can't see yourself making this, here are some other ready-made green drinks to try:
Green Machine by Naked (Nestle)--I've actually tried this and it's good.
Bolthouse Farms Green Goodness
Minute Maid Pomegranate Blueberry--Not green, but I just got this the other day and it's really good. Also, they are offering a money-back-guarantee if you don't like it.

Here's an article on introducing green drinks into your life.
Here's a great printable guide to pesticides and produce.
Here's info about the difference between a juicer and a blender.

I'm borrowing a juicer from someone that I will pick up this Saturday. As soon as I get the juicer, I'll let you all know how the "green crap" tastes :)

2 Comments:

Blogger TeamWinks said...

Mmmm...looks....ummm...yummy. You are such a brave woman! Let us know how it goes!

8:30 PM  
Blogger Pratima said...

Check out some nice reviews on Bolthouse Farms Green Goodness at SustainLane http://www.sustainlane.com/reviews/green-goodness/MDSWJVOYW9I78J73QAPWSBMVUAQI

6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home