Bella Vida

Married for 6 years. Trying to have a baby almost as long. Living a Beautiful Life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Married & Trying to have a baby for almost 4 years. Dealing with MF (male factor infertility).

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Getting Healthy for All


There are only 2 Freebie bracelets left!

I was thinking about my post yesterday and I realized I don't want to exclude anyone. Instead of a 30-Day Infertility Get Healthy Challenge--Let's just call it a 30-Day Get Healthy Challenge. Ok? Ok :) All are welcome to participate.

Fergie asked if we can take a break on Thanksgiving day. I'm thinking yes. My goal is to feel better, healthier. Right now I feel like the bubbleman oompa-loompa. I want the energy everyone is talking about that comes from putting healthy foods into your body. I want to drink that green shit and feel like a new person! I definitely want to lose some of the poundage that is courtesy of infertility depression, but more important--I want to feel better. So do what you need to do in order to feel better during this challenge. If that includes Thanksgiving dinner--go for it! After all, if it makes you feel like shit to watch everyone else chomping down on "collard greens and corn bread, some candied yams, a little potato salad, fried chicken, peach cobbler and a few slices of ham" (anyone want to guess where that movie line is from?) then you're not feeling better :) Anyone else have thoughts on this?

5 Comments:

Blogger Jendeis said...

First off, what is that green crap?

Second, when are you starting your 30 days?

Third, stuffing rocks!

2:19 PM  
Blogger dmarie said...

Jendeis--you're cracking me up!!

1. The green crap is a healthy drink pic I stole off the internets :)
2. I'm starting on Monday, November 12th.
3. I agree, stuffing does indeed rock. Especially when I fry cornbread and then crumble it into the mix with...shit, this is gonna be tough!

I'm actually going to borrow a juicer so I can make my own green crap...I mean...drinks. I really hope I don't gag :) Dr. Oz did one yesterday that sounded pretty good ingredient-wise, so I'm going to post the recipe tomorrow with some others.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Fergie said...

Sounds like a plan. Okay please let us know how that green crap really taste. Cause I'm gonna try and get healthy, but I'm not tasting that stuff until somebody I know makes it at home and gives me the real scoop.

2:54 PM  
Blogger ultimatejourney said...

I'm impressed that you're brave enough to try that green goo. More power to you, though! I'll be cheering for you.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Mindy said...

Right on! Feeling good and feeling healthy is the goal, and that quite likely means different things for different people. I know exactly what you mean about the infertility depression induced weight gain. I've gained 20 pounds in the past 18 months. I think the worst thing about it is that I feel as though it's one more thing in my life that I lost control over. So, I'm in this with you. GO TEAM!!!

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home