Bella Vida

Married for 6 years. Trying to have a baby almost as long. Living a Beautiful Life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Married & Trying to have a baby for almost 4 years. Dealing with MF (male factor infertility).

Monday, November 12, 2007

Day 1...of a different kind *Updated*

UPDATE--Find out your Real Age HERE. Ummm...I'm coming in at 38.5 when I'm really 31. Ughhh. Also, here's my video for the day: Me on YouTube

Today is the first day of our 30-Day Get Healthy Challenge! Wooooo hoooooo! Below are the participants:
Jendeis
Bean
Fergie
Ms. Infertile
Susan
Kristi
JJ
Carrie
NoSwimmers
K @ OurBoxOfRain
Me :)

Please visit their blogs and offer some support! It's not too late to join us. Leave a comment if you want to participate!

OK, I did it! I drank the green stuff!!! It wasn't bad at all. We used Dr. Oz's recipe and added 1 extra apple and some grapes. I did a video blog that I'll post on YouTube later today once I figure it all out :)

Here's the hubbs chopping the goods.


Here he is "feeding" the machine. I always let him do the fun parts :)


Voila! I grabbed any two glasses outta the dishwasher, but we had equal amounts. I drank 2 small glasses and he had the 1 tall.


This is the only part that is a pain. The clean-up took about 10 minutes just rinsing and pulling apart the machine. If we get our own, we may look for one that is easier to clean.

Honestly, it wasn't gross and the flavor wasn't as intense as I thought it would be. Nowadays, when you buy juice from the store the favors are strong and sweet. With this drink I could definitely taste the celery, cucumber and ginger. Much different than tasting added artificial flavors. I made my husband taste it first...lol Today I'm going to get a blender. The parsley and spinach didn't really juice and pretty much just shot out the back still intact.

8 Comments:

Blogger deanna said...

It looks so healthy!! Good for you! I've tried some of the other green juices, and I know what you mean about them being too sweet. My favorite is by Odwalla, but even then, it's a little on the sweet side.

That's so awesome that you got your husband on-board, too! (Now, if he could only talk my husband into eating better!)

12:32 PM  
Blogger Jendeis said...

Looks better than I thought it would. :) I like the idea of tasting all the different ingredients.

Keep up the good work!

2:15 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

It gets better in taste, in time. You get used to it. And you find ways to alter certain things and learn to love it.

Plus the benefits definitely out way the negative taste. I find that it's all rather refreshing.

And yay for husbands on board!

5:42 AM  
Blogger LJ said...

I'm so impressed. I'm not following any particular diet, but I'm just trying to be more mindful. I even walked 2 miles yesterday!

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It actually sounds kind of yummy. I love veggies, but I certainly don't get enough of them. Thanks for taking the initiative to whip all of our behinds into shape!!

8:47 AM  
Blogger astral said...

Here we go!! I thank you for putting together the challenge. I wish you lotsj of luck and support. That is so great that your husband is trying new things too.

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck. Thanks for the links between juicers and blenders by the way. I read crazy sexy cancer and I'm hoping to improve my health but I'm without a juicer but I'm looking into drinking more green - thanks for that link too.
good luck in your 30 day challenge

10:05 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Shoes said...

You made my day! I am 2.5 years younger than my real age. :)

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home