Bella Vida

Married for 6 years. Trying to have a baby almost as long. Living a Beautiful Life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Married & Trying to have a baby for almost 4 years. Dealing with MF (male factor infertility).

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Day 3...a moving experience

Um...wow. The colonic wasn't the most horrible experience I'm glad to say. Funny, after all the infertility exams and tests I've had to go through--this was the least invasive procedure ever. I experienced some cramping and wimped out after 60% was finished (about 35 minutes). The therapist told me it gets better with each session. I really wish I had been able to finish. I was in a room alone (using machine in above animation) and was able to control the water flow and see what was coming out. Wow...again.

It was totally worth it and like I said, I wish I had been able to complete the session. Some people go once a month, some once a year. I'm definitely going to give it another try.

If you're interested in getting a colonic (colon hydrotherapy) you can find a therapist here: Colon Health Network. I went to Naturally Clean in Maryland. I really liked the therapist and would definitely recommend this center.

I'll have to do a video blog on this tomorrow. I'm really tired--the colonic took everything outta me! LOL...get it? Um...yeah, it's time for bed. If anyone has any questions--ask away!

9 Comments:

Blogger AwkwardMoments said...

i have heard wonderous things about those colonics. I have heard they can be euphorically addicting ,, glad you enjoyed it

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched the little video...and wow! The only question I have is: don't we umm...get everything out on our own? Also, did it hurt? Is the tube small?
So interesting!

11:10 AM  
Blogger dmarie said...

Noswimmers--I thought the same thing. I really didn't think anything would come out. About 1 month ago, my hubby and I went out to eat and I had corn on the cobb. Now, I have bowel movements (BM) every day, and I drink prune juice daily to make sure I go. Yesterday--I saw corn. And I can't even be sure it was last months corn!! lol

I have to be honest, it didn't hurt initially. There was just a constant feeling of wanting to have a BM as my colon was filling with water. After about 15 minutes, the cramping started. My colon would fill up with water and then my stomach would cramp until the release which would stop the cramps. Then it would start all over. The therapist told me that some people don't have very much cramping at all and some do. Apparently, I'm pretty toxic which is why I wish I'd finished.

The tube is about the size of a pencil. It's all lubed-up I didn't really feel it and it only goes in about 1/2 inch. I inserted the tube myself.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

I'm so impressed that you've done this. It's one of those things that I think would make you feel so much better. I'm just not sure I could put myself through it.

Did you lose any weight?? That might swing it for me!!

2:08 PM  
Blogger dmarie said...

Carrie--I honestly don't know. I know that a lot seemed to come out and my stomach feels less bloated, but I haven't weighed myself in years. I don't even look when I get weighed at the docs office and I tell them I don't want to hear the number.

2:53 PM  
Blogger deanna said...

You are such a hero!!! This is something I've wanted to do for years, but just can't work up the nerve. Bravo, brave girl!!

8:23 PM  
Blogger KRISTI said...

Ummmmmm....wow.

So, I've heard that being constipated/toxic can cause you to be tired. Do you feel energized?

9:23 PM  
Blogger Lea Bee said...

"took everything out of you"
HA!!

9:55 PM  
Blogger dmarie said...

Kristi--I don't feel energized. I mean, I'm not sluggin' around as much, but I think that has more to do with the new lite diet than the colonic. Plus, I didn't finish it. Perhaps if I had I would be feeling more. I'm going to try and go again before we leave for Thanksgiving break next Wednesday.

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home