Bella Vida

Married for 6 years. Trying to have a baby almost as long. Living a Beautiful Life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Married & Trying to have a baby for almost 4 years. Dealing with MF (male factor infertility).

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Day 17 Over halfway there


Baked Sweet Potatoes


Just cuz I think this is funny: "New Rule: Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas must be combined into one single super-holiday--called "Thankshallowistmas." That way, you only have to get together with your bat-shit family once. In a costume for candy, presents and a big turkey dinner. Then it's everybody into the den until you're drunken uncle calls your cousin a whore," from Bill Maher's New Rules.

I was talking with the hubbs last night about how we're feeling on this new "diet." He says he feels a lot better and has more energy at the gym. Also, his indigestion has disappeared. No more tums. The changes I've noticed are I'm no longer sleepy after meals and I'm never super-full. I'd say I've lost about 5lbs. Getting older sucks sometimes. Weight just doesn't melt away like it used to.

Tonight was Baked Sweet Potatoes from AllRecipes.com of course :)


Cubed the sweet potatoes and chopped 1 onion. Adding onion was suggested by a few of the reviewers and I think it was a brilliant idea.


Mixed it all in a bowl with an Italian herb blend, olive oil, salt and pepper. Again, I took suggestions from others and added extra olive oil and seasoning.


Into a glass dish and then the oven for 1 hour.


Voila! I did stir occasionally and broiled at the end for a little crispiness.

I really liked this and so did D. It was different from the usual sweet dish. I would definitely make it again.

Carrie and Susan mentioned wanting a Sweet Potato soup recipe. AllRecipes has a creamy one here . Got great reviews and some people substituted the sugar in it with Splenda. Let me know if you try it out.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Those look great- think I will try making them.
Glad the challenge is going well. And, I hear ya on the exercise, it's my most difficult part!

8:46 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Five pounds is loads! You're doing really well.

I'm going to check out that recipe but I'm a very reluctant cook. Very, very reluctant.

9:20 AM  
Blogger astral said...

Way to go on losing weight and feeling great!! Thank you for posting the site for the sweet potatoes. They are very good for you and they are yummy. I laughed when I read about having the one holiday. My family is crazy and nutty but I wouldn't trade them for the world!

10:55 AM  
Blogger Dr. Grumbles said...

Oh, how I looooove sweet taters!

I should make something with them this weekend.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Lea Bee said...

i get hungry whenever i read your posts. it's midnight, so boo...i'll have to remember to read your posts before lunch next time.

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home