Bella Vida

Married for 6 years. Trying to have a baby almost as long. Living a Beautiful Life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Married & Trying to have a baby for almost 4 years. Dealing with MF (male factor infertility).

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Watching movies & spreading the happy--literally


So I'm all over my Netflix list since D is outta town. This past weekend I watched "Deja Vu," "The Way We Were" and "Bridge to Tarabithia." They were all ok. Bridge was sad. Deja makes you think a little. And Way was not what I expected. You know how you hear about movies being "classics" and there are always those quotes you don't get unless you've seen the classic movies like, "I don't know nothing 'bout birthing no babies" and "frankly my dear...I don't give a damn." "The Way We Were" is listed as a classic and described as a tear jerker. I don't get it. He never really loved her or appreciated her. I was glad she got away from his ass. So yeah, that was a disappointment. Now I've got "Lawrence of Arabia" and "A Streetcar Named Desire" coming my way. Anyone wanna look into the future and tell me whether or not I'm gonna like these two? Any classic recommendations?

So many have participated in the happiness challenge that it's made me think a bit. Think about what I can do to paint a lil sunshine into my life. I originally didn't participate in the first challenge cuz I just couldn't think of anything I could do. Really, I couldn't think of anything I could commit to doing. It's just where my mind is at this point. However, on Monday I came up with something. I will think about one thing each day that has made me happy or made me smile. I read something someone wrote, maybe on Mel's blog, that said happiness is little things strung together. I think that's true. I'm not saying this lil effort will turn my life around, but it may just help sprinkle some light into the darkness.

Today I went to Whole Foods and you know how there's always those sample people tempting with savory treats. They got my ass good today! There was a pumpkin loaf with ginger cream cheese. Ooooooo yummmm! I shared half the loaf and the cream cheese with my neighbors. It made me feel good to share something. That's my happy today.

For those of you that have tried to request a bracelet and had your email bounce--please send an email to dmarie @ ureach dot com (without the spaces). I have no idea why this is happening with gmail. If you have sent a request and you didn't get a response back for me, I didn't receive your request.

11 Comments:

Blogger Meghan said...

mmmm...pumpkin bread and ginger cream cheese...that is happiness right there!

Enjoy your movie marathon. I've never seen the movie but back in the day when I used to read I loved Tennesse Williams and Streetcar was my favorite

8:16 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Classic favorites: To Kill a Mockingbird, any Cary Grant movie, although I love Holiday or Bringing up Baby that both have Katharine Hepburn in it. Roman Holiday, Sabrina - both Audrey Hepburn, she is amazing.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Yum.... I wish I was one of your neighbours :-)

3:20 PM  
Blogger Shelby said...

Pumpkin bread sounds wonderful! You're making me hungry again! ;) Nice of you to share like that!!

3:28 PM  
Blogger Lollipop Goldstein said...

Mmmm...that sounds so good. Those evil Whole Foods sample givers.

8:35 PM  
Blogger lub said...

Yummy! I am not into classics so I am of no help, sorry. I haven't received my bracelet although I got a message back from you. It's not a big deal, but didn't know if mine got lost in the shuffle. Let me know if I should resend. Thanks dmarie!

5:22 PM  
Blogger LJ said...

I love you! I used to think I was some freak for not really being into "Classic" movies. I just can't relate. Give me things like "High Fidelity" or something any day. Or a cheezy 80s flick. Those are classics I can get behind.

11:28 PM  
Blogger Cibele said...

Ho, just wantwnat to say WELCOME TO THE BRACES BUNCH... glad to have you with us!!!!

4:21 AM  
Blogger Lea Bee said...

oh, YUM! i had a similar experience at whole foods...pumpkin loaf was the sample and it was so good that i bought one and ate it pretty quickly too. damn samples.

6:53 PM  
Blogger TeamWinks said...

What's this about a bracelet? Crap, I missed something!

The pumpkin bread sounds divine. Mmmm. Makes me want some!

I'm jealous of your movie marathon. I haven't gotten to watch a tv show straight through, much less a movie at home in eons.

8:00 AM  
Blogger hope548 said...

If you haven't seen Casablanca, rent that one. It's fantastic!

I also second Heather's suggestion of To Kill a Mockingbird. The book is better, but I love Gregory Peck!

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home