Bella Vida

Married for 6 years. Trying to have a baby almost as long. Living a Beautiful Life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Married & Trying to have a baby for almost 4 years. Dealing with MF (male factor infertility).

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Coming from my kitchen live

I'm so lazy!! I haven't wanted to cook (or really do anything) for the last couple of weeks. Imagine that. Also, I've given up booze and gained a few pounds. Yes, eating has replaced the little liquor habit. Maybe I need the booze to inspire me t0 cook? After all, I do tend to share with my pots and pans.* I dunno. D is happy I'm not sloshed in the evenings when he gets home. Whatever. cd24

I'm going to be mailing the free bracelets this week! Who-hoo! So look for them to arrive in a mailbox near you!

Today's meal**: Chicken Pot Pie

Here are the boiling peas, carrots and chicken. I put 2 chicken bouillon cubes in the water with lots of herbs and seasonings. I like my food to have lots of flavor, and I use the leftover stock in the recipe.


Instead of one whole chicken pot pie, I like to make individual ones. I used pie crusts with mini-loaf pans. This recipes makes exactly 3.


Here's the final. Eat in the pan or turn upside down on the plate to dump out contents. Yum!

UltimateJourney am I making you hungry again? :)

*Ummm...yeah, I added Marsala to this recipe :) But none for me...hmphhh.
**I get most of my recipes from Allrecipes.com. I love it because people leave reviews and the reviews are soooo helpful; especially to someone like me that likes to tweak.

15 Comments:

Blogger Sunny said...

You gave up your wine? WOW bless your heart! I will have a drink for you tonight then. :)

5:57 AM  
Blogger Meghan said...

Your comment on my thinking of going dry post inspired me to open up a bottle ;)

I LOVE chicken pot pie, would you mind sending me the recipe. meghan.e.hoffman AT gmail
thanks!

8:29 AM  
Blogger Esperanza said...

YUMMY! Good for you about giving up the wine. Wishing luck with that!

10:21 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Mmmmm, I want to come over and have some of that lovely pot pie :)

Looks amazing!

10:41 AM  
Blogger JJ said...

You are making me drool on my keyboard! I cannot cannot cannot give up my wine.....you are so brave!

11:00 AM  
Blogger LJ said...

Whoa, giving up on the wine? Wow. But the chicken pot pie looks wonderful!

11:54 AM  
Blogger Nica said...

recipe, schmecipe. SEND ME A POT PIE. :)

12:18 PM  
Blogger Happy said...

I like allrecipes.com too for the same reason. I'm also a food network junkie.

I am far from dry. When we enjoy ourselves (ahem) we always joke about how this could be one of the last times I can relax w/a beer, wine, or my new fav a mohito.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Changing Expectations said...

Oh my gosh, those chicken pot pies look so great!!!! I am on my way over.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Lea Bee said...

holy hell! that looks delicious. i would not leave my house ever if i cooked things that ended up like that.

i'm not sure what to think about giving up the alcohol tho...does that seem wise?

8:06 PM  
Blogger One View said...

I used to cook and enjoy it and I've completely lost my passion and interest since I started fertility treatments. But you've inspired me to start again. YUM!! That looks delicious. Wish I was close by so I can taste test them for you.

12:29 PM  
Blogger In and Out of Luck said...

Yum. Thinking of you, hope you're doing OK.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You have me now addicted to allrecipes.com.......:)

12:35 PM  
Blogger Pamela T. said...

Geez, now I'm hungry *and* craving some wine! ;-) Off to MY kitchen...

6:12 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

That looks YUMMY!!!!

Would you pretty please send me the recipe?

ashvlgrl at gmail


mmmmm....marsala....

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home