Bella Vida

Married for 6 years. Trying to have a baby almost as long. Living a Beautiful Life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Married & Trying to have a baby for almost 4 years. Dealing with MF (male factor infertility).

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Another food post

I'm finding these fun for some odd reason. I'm not sure why. Last night was mac and cheese night. Another winner from Allrecipes.com. Melissa I'm so glad to hear you are now addicted lol! Again, I love this site b/c of the feedback. I read what others have recommended and I make adjustments. I also look for recipes with the highest ratings/most reviews.

Warning: This one is NOT for the faint of heart. Or those on a diet or with any kind of cholesterol issues.

Four Cheese Macaroni and Cheese


Now, in all honesty, I've never been a fan of Velveeta. However, this recipe calls for it and it helps make it delish! Creamy. I couldn't find the shredded versions of a couple of the cheeses, so I diced slices.


Yes, honey, it does indeed call for a stick of butter +. Like I said, if you're on a diet...


I think it's really important to season the pasta. I added herbs, salt and pepper. Whenever I say "herbs" I'm using one of those Italian herb blends. I use it in practically everything but my cereal.


Ready for the oven! I always sprinkle breadcrumbs on the top. I do love a crunch :)


Bubbling brown yummyness!!


Yes, it's dripping with cheese!

Everyone should be happy to learn I'm back on the sauce. Here's one of my favorites. It's made from the Muscadine grape and is produced in North Carolina by Duplin Winery.


17 Comments:

Blogger LJ said...

Amen to the sauce. and to the mac & cheese, I say "nom nom nom" as I eat my monitor.

11:21 AM  
Blogger JJ said...

YUM!!! And I love that winery--we go to festivals around our area in NC, and they have great wines--just finished a bottle the other night!

12:55 PM  
Blogger Shelby said...

my mouth is wattering!! that looks incredible. Mmmm, hungry! And really wanting to try that wine! Have to get a bottle and keep it for later. ;)

2:28 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Oh wow! That looks amazing. Even more so because I'm watching what I eat (holiday in 3 weeks, Yikes) Enjoy.

2:45 PM  
Blogger One View said...

I love your food posts.. :) MMMM your mac & cheese looks great. Wish you lived nearby so I could come over for dinner and you could cheer me up with your food.. :)

5:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The funniest part of this post?

Well, I printed the SAME recipe off the website the day you got me hooked! Question though: Did you put both eggs in the mac n cheese? Some said it makes it more spongey than gooey...and yours, well, it looked gooey and delicious! :)

I also tried a lime chicken taco recipe-fabulous!

7:18 PM  
Blogger Changing Expectations said...

Oh my gosh, do you cater? Looks awesome I am so hungry right now.

7:58 PM  
Blogger dmarie said...

Melissa--
I did use the eggs. I kept them b/c I usually use eggs in my mac and cheese. I did add 1/2 c more of half&half and I used xtra cheese. Xtra of every cheese :) Probably 1 cup of every cheese. Yeah, it's excessive. But you can see that from the picture...lol

I'll have to try the lime chix!

8:14 PM  
Blogger Sunny said...

OH MY GOSH I need that RIGHT NOW!

8:55 PM  
Blogger ultimatejourney said...

Holy crap! That is some seriously gooey mac & cheese! Yep, I'm hungry again now! Have you given any thought to moving to Boston so you can cook me dinner?!? I bake some mean desserts that would go really well with your delicious-looking entrees. I'm just not as into cooking main dishes, which is unfortunate since they're much more of a dietary requirement than dessert :)

9:52 PM  
Blogger Nadine said...

Hi there I stopped by from Cherrye's blog. I had to take a look at a blue wedding dress. I must say you made a beautiful bride.

This looks very tasty. Breadcrumb on top is a nice touch.

3:38 AM  
Blogger Esperanza said...

YUMMY! That macaroni and cheese looks fabulous! MMMM.....sauce. As soon as this 2ww is over, I'll be joining you :).

9:24 AM  
Blogger Lollipop Goldstein said...

Dropping off the rum punch. And imaginary plane tickets to the beach (since, you know, invisible items make you feel pretty generous).

Looking forward to seeing you this weekend.

2:39 PM  
Blogger hammygirl said...

Looks yummy! The cheese would make my met-gut go nuts, but I can enjoy it vicariously through you! ;)

12:11 AM  
Blogger Searching said...

Thanks for the prayers!

That looks pretty darn yummy. Hmmm, what a coincidence that I have all those very ingredients in my fridge... lol, guess I know what comfort food I'm making for dinner! :)

10:57 AM  
Blogger Lea Bee said...

holy CRAP that looks good!

1:56 PM  
Blogger nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

great photos of a great dish.

p.s. thanks for visiting my blog.

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home