Bella Vida

Married for 6 years. Trying to have a baby almost as long. Living a Beautiful Life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Married & Trying to have a baby for almost 4 years. Dealing with MF (male factor infertility).

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot...



Like the freakin' holidays are-a-coming. I'm talking about Christmas here specifically. My husband likes to celebrate with a tree and all the trimmings. For a few years since we've been together I did the whole shebang. Tree, lights coming outta my ass, stuff in the windows, stairs wrapped, animals tortured into posing for holiday cards--and lets not forget the homemade gifts. That was then. That was before infertility. Now the holidays are a very sad reminder of what we don't have. The commercials with kids leaving Santa milk and cookies and opening gifts. The toy jingles. The baby's first Christmas items everywhere and on everything. I'm starting to get that familiar Grinch feeling and looking a bit like my annoyed cat pictured above. I want nothing to do with the holidays. Part of me is hoping I can snap outta it. The other part wants to go away and skip it all. Going away isn't an option this year however because my mom is coming up here. For. A. Month. Which reminds me that I need to get started on buying tickets for The Color Purple in NY and figure out if we're staying overnight. The tickets are expensive enough, but I don't want to tire everyone out walking around NYC all day and then expect them to do dinner and a show. I'm rambling. Talk about it more another day.

Reminder Today's Oprah: "Lisa Ling Investigates: Wombs for Rent. How far would you go to have a baby? Meet a woman halfway around the world who's pregnant with an American couple's baby. Then, why Martha Stewart's daughter spends almost $28,000 a month trying to make Martha a grandmother."

6 Comments:

Blogger AwkwardMoments said...

I feel this way about most holidays lately... oh a NYC trip ...AND SHOWS! exciting

2:27 PM  
Blogger Lea Bee said...

frigging oprah.
(disclaimer: i subscribe to the magazine [i know, i know...] but i never watch the show because it annoys me so bad. then there's the fact that the top half of her face doesn't move at. all. when she talkes. botox much?

6:28 PM  
Blogger Happy said...

I've heard about that sort of thing w/minorities here in the U.S.

I am beginning to not like the holidays either. Beginning w/Halloween. It seems like holidays are geared towards children, Santa, dressing up in a costume, the easter bunny.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Sorry the holidays are tough. Even though we have one child, I keep thinking how nice it would be to be able to announce that we're finally having another child during the holidays. I guess that won't happen this year now that I know I won't be at least out of the first trimester if anything happens between now and then. Hang in there!

BTW, we're going to NYC in November to see Cirque du Soleil. Can't wait.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Meghan said...

I agree, I'm having a hard time getting excited for all the holidays. Someone in my family always announces a pregnancy either on thanksgiving or at christmas party/dinner.

But have fun in NY and at the show, I love seeing all the windows!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Esperanza said...

I felt like this to a T last year. This year, I guess I am felling OK with it. But, I'm still not gun ho about it, and I suspect once I start shopping it will be worse.

So, you are not alone. If you come up with a good way of dealing with it, please do share.

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home