Bella Vida

Married for 6 years. Trying to have a baby almost as long. Living a Beautiful Life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Married & Trying to have a baby for almost 4 years. Dealing with MF (male factor infertility).

Monday, August 13, 2007

Weekends

I have noticed that weekends are the worst for me emotionally. There is a sense of serious boredom. I sit in front of the tv looking for something t0 watch and when that fails I always go back to the same thought--if there were a child here. What do you do with your weekends when you're childless? I mean sure--there's a ton of laundry and our bathroom is a mess. There are several piles of mail scattered around. Nothing fun, but stuff that needs to get done. I know that parenting isn't a cake-walk with tons of fun and sunshine all-day-every-day. And I try not to romanticize it. Really I do. But on weekends I sit and think and think. Think about how if we had a little one what we would be doing. So I'm finding weekends tough. I'm in such a funk. It's a Monday.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lea Bee said...

i comfort myself by sleeping in. it makes me happy, and its something i know i'll have to give up (if/when) a child ever joins our family.

7:45 PM  
Blogger Changing Expectations said...

Weekends are so tough. Holidays are the toughest for me.

Hang in there. I am thinking about you.

8:14 PM  
Blogger LJ said...

We need to have Shelby do a knitting session one of these times. It passes time like nobody's business.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I SOOOO know what you mean. And I do as lea bee does...I sleep in. Why? Because I CAN! :)

Sorry you're feeling down. I hope things are better today.

12:38 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I have those thoughts ALL the time, too. I think about how everything will look different when we have a baby. I think about how I will need to rearrange the furniture and take things off of the table when we have a baby. I think about how preparing dinner and the set up in the kitchen will have to be different when we have a baby. I think about it all the time.

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home