Bella Vida

Married for 6 years. Trying to have a baby almost as long. Living a Beautiful Life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Married & Trying to have a baby for almost 4 years. Dealing with MF (male factor infertility).

Sunday, July 22, 2007

MS IVF

Saturday I visited my friends 1-moth-old. After the visit, I tried telling myself I wouldn't be a good parent anyway. I mean, what's the big deal? They do seem to cry a lot and kinda just lay there waiting for you to do everything for them. And they are very demanding. Feed me. Change me. Hold me. Rock me. Walk me. Play with me. Make faces at me. Blah, blah, blah. Did I mention I lie to myself? A lot.

Friday I spoke with the financial office about my insurance coverage. $5,000 lifetime IVF coverage. That's it. All of my testing so far has been billed under the fibroids. Thankfully. Anyway, we'll be looking at $7K for IVF, $2K for ICSI, $2K for storage and $3-5K for meds. Holy shit.

The Alternative: The place where D had his last 2 semen analysis tests done, the Muasher Center, has a Minimum Stim IVF program. If we go that way, it would cost $5,500 for IVF including ICSI and $600-800 for the meds. Much more affordable. However, it's more of a risk. You produce less eggs, but some say they are better quality. Anyway, so now I'm in a bit of a dilemma. Should I cancel my test on Wednesday and start seeing this new office? I'm thinking yes. It's so sad that money has to be such a factor in all of this. But it is.

Last night I met with the lovely ladies struggling with IF in the DC metro area again. We had a great time and I met some new Bloggers :) Can't wait to do it again!

Lea Bee
Shelby
Bean
In and out of Luck
Sunny
Leah
LJ

6 Comments:

Blogger Sunny said...

I had a blast last night!

I hate money but most of all I hate IF!

1:53 PM  
Blogger In and Out of Luck said...

That is a hard decision. Fewer eggs but of better quality doesn't sound bad, though. I hope your doctors can give you goon advice on whether or not the less expensive route is a good one. It was good to see you last night!

2:36 PM  
Blogger In and Out of Luck said...

Oh, I typo-d again. I meant "good advice!" Good, not goon!

2:36 PM  
Blogger Changing Expectations said...

I agree, IF is tough enough without having to deal with the $ side of it. I have never heard of a low stim IVF cycle. Interesting. Let me know what you find out.

7:51 PM  
Blogger LJ said...

Insurance companies - I could go on for hours spewing my venom about them.

Here's to hoping everything works out...

9:26 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

It is awful to have to consider the cost implications before making any choice. It is yet another part of this deal that is so unfair.
Hope you come to a decision you're happy with.

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home