Bella Vida

Married for 6 years. Trying to have a baby almost as long. Living a Beautiful Life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Married & Trying to have a baby for almost 4 years. Dealing with MF (male factor infertility).

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Doctors done!

Ok. So I'm in a hole. What else can I say.

My doctor appointments went well. Having 2 in 1-day was great really. Knocked 'em out. Other than the discomfort of having to be felt-up by 2-different men other than my husband in 1-day. Does anyone else worry about how their thighs look while in stirrups? Ughhh. And today I had my vag-ultrasound. The fibroids are still very tiny and still only 3 other them. I'm so surprised. and glad to know this info finally. I feel relieved. I still have an appointment to go over the results, but I'm glad the tech was able to tell me what she was seeing :) And again, there is something that gets poked on the left that is pretty painful.

There were pg women in the OBGYNs office. Tons of them. And while I was waiting for my well-woman exam, I could hear the heartbeat of another womans baby in the room next door. And I figured out how to tell who is newly pg--they are the ones with Via.cord goody bags. Yes, they give out goody bags when you get pg. I want to come up with an infertility goody bag. What would it include? Ideas?

Back into the hole...

7 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

Here's what I think it should include:

an extra large bottle of Tylenol
warm, fuzzy socks
a free Internet connection so you can read blogs
ear plugs for when people tell you to "just relax"
a Mardi Gras-style mask that you can quickly slip over your face while you're pretending to be happy at someone else's pregnancy announcement

There are so many more things to put in there, but I figured I wouldn't take all the good ideas in the first comment.

In case you've never read it, Tertia describes what a BFN Survival Kit should have in it. I love it! http://www.tertia.org/so_close/2007/06/survival_kits.html

10:28 PM  
Blogger Helene said...

Goody bag this is what it should include: tea bags to help relax your nerves, ear plugs so when you wait at the docs office you can bypass the mommy/baby chattering, and Kleenex for all the tears and snot you shed during your whole experience.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

An infertility goody bag, that's a hoot!

Definitely a plastic smile to cope with useless advice and pregnancy announcements.

5:35 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I am so very sorry that you are in the hole right now. But you have company there in that I permanently reside in the hole and have decided to hang curtains.

What should be in the IF kit? Kleenex and crack.

10:57 AM  
Blogger In and Out of Luck said...

Let's see: blinders for when you sit in the OB/GYN waiting room, you don't have to see the pregnant women to right and left. A white noise machine that would automatically click on when someone starts asking you when you will have kids, or when you'll have another, or that you should relax, etc. As for some apparatus to help deal with other people's pregnancy annoucements? I think nothing less than an instantaneous teleporting machine would do, to carry us away from the conversation.

I suppose it's true that IF brings a sense of isolation .

4:09 PM  
Blogger LJ said...

I'm just glad you're coming out of the hole to play in a week!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Lea Bee said...

a hand grenade for when people tell you to 'just relax', tequila and a good book

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home