Bella Vida

Married for 6 years. Trying to have a baby almost as long. Living a Beautiful Life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Married & Trying to have a baby for almost 4 years. Dealing with MF (male factor infertility).

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Day 20

Wow. I can't believe it's day 20 of this challenge. Only 10 days left. This weekend was really tough. Having friends here made it difficult motivation-wise to stick to eating sensibly, especially since we went out to eat at least once all three days. Surprisingly, I didn't do terribly with my choices. If nothing else I learned that I can make good decisions at most restaurants, and even when it's harder (like at Maggiano's??!!) I can eat much smaller portions and not take home leftovers. In the end, I feel like I can continue this "diet" indefinitely. It's a good feeling. I think something has finally shifted in my way of thinking when it comes to food choices.

My friend brought a 20% Macy's discount coupon for me and I purchased a Breville Juicer so I can give D's cousin back his juicer. We're definitely going to keep juicing daily. The hubbs is addicted and I'm sure it's doing some healthy healing for me too :) Maybe I can post pics of the new juicer in-action tomorrow in case anyone is interested.

I'm so sad I had to miss the DC Bloggers cookie exchange today. Boooo-hoooo!! I hope everyone had a great time and I'll see you all next month :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Deathstar said...

Was inspired by your veggie soup, so I made one the other day. Alas no pics, as it's gone now. I remove some of the veggies and then puree them and then put them back in the soup. I also added some white kidney beans (cannellini) and barley to make it hearty. Thanks for the tip!

8:24 PM  
Blogger Sunny said...

YEAH YOU!!! I am very impressed.

We sure missed you and your amazing cooking today! See you next month for sure!

10:17 PM  
Blogger In and Out of Luck said...

I missed it too, and I'm sorry I didn't see you. Congrats on the ongoing healthy eating!

11:43 AM  
Blogger Lea Bee said...

i had to miss it too, so maybe next month.

11:09 PM  
Blogger deanna said...

We definitely missed you!! Hope to see you at the next go-round!

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home