Bella Vida

Married for 6 years. Trying to have a baby almost as long. Living a Beautiful Life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Married & Trying to have a baby for almost 4 years. Dealing with MF (male factor infertility).

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

What's shakin'

Umm...so Cheesecake Factory has a new cake/torte--Lemoncello Torte. De-lish!!! It's ridiculously good. If you've ever had limoncello (which I've made using this recipe) it doesn't taste anything like it. More like lemon meringue. Anyway, run on out and score yourself a piece of this lovely sunshine.



One of my best friends called to tell me she is pregnant. I knew it was coming and I'm very happy for her, but of course, I'm sad at the same time. She's been trying for over a year and I mentioned her in this post on ovarian drilling. Turns out she ovulated on her own after a year+ of being on Clomi.d (which usually didn't work). Her RE discovered last year, almost immediately, she is hypo-thyroid* and put her on meds for it. Finally at HER insistence, he tested her again last month. Guess what--meds weren't helping the thyroid problem. Doc increases her dosage and BOOM! She ovulates and is now pregnant! Goes to show that you have to trust yourself and do your own research.

I'm so glad that you guys are responding the Free Infertility Bracelet offer. I really appreciate the kind comments and encouragement I've received as a result. I'm so happy to be doing something to support infertility awareness and my husband is wearing a bracelet too. Please keep the requests coming! I still have bracelets to give away!

Don't forget to include your address with your request so I know where to send your bracelet.

*BTW, she doesn't have weight issues like many hypothyroid patients. She's very tiny. Doc also diagnosed her with PCOS. Don't let your doctor tell you that you don't need to be tested because you don't fit the typical "mold."

10 Comments:

Blogger hammygirl said...

My doctor put off my suggestion that we look into PCOS until she started getting the test results in. And even then, she wasn't willing to give the diagnosis herself but referred me to the ob/gyn for more assessment.

And I'm not even super skinny - but not overweight enough to fit the usual symptoms.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Changing Expectations said...

Wow, goes to show, have to continue to keep on the Dr. to make sure that everything is okay.

Can I get in on the IF bracelet? I would love one.

6:47 PM  
Blogger One View said...

MMMMMMMM the cake looks so yummy. Gotta go try one.. :)

I agree.. we just have to keep pushing for answers with the Dr. Sometimes they don't do anything unless you push and insist for it.

7:15 PM  
Blogger ultimatejourney said...

Oh man, your posts always make me hungry!

You're so right -- no matter how good the doctor is, it's always good to be your own advocate.

7:40 PM  
Blogger hammygirl said...

Oh, and I also meant to say I am very jealous of your Lemoncello Torte, because Cheesecake Factory is *another* thing we don't have in Canada. ;)

8:08 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Mmmmm, Cheesecake Factory....you're killing me! I am now craving a Boston Creme Cheesecake. Yummy! *licks my lips*

I'm sorry about your friend's announcement. I know how conflicting it can be - I have had to deal with it myself too many times. My assvice is to give yourself some distance so you can deal with your emotions. Don't force yourself to feel a certain way. It just bottles it up inside and makes it more miserable in the long run. A true friend would understand your needs.

XOXO

9:33 PM  
Blogger In and Out of Luck said...

Wow, good for her. I love when a pushy patient gets something done right for herself. I'm sorry though too, because even if you know she's been trying, and even if you love her, those pregnancy announcements are just a little stab in the heart. I'll gnash my teeth along with you.

9:42 PM  
Blogger AwkwardMoments said...

I work buy a cheese cake factory - so on my way home next week - ia m getting me a piece - thank you for sharing that tidbit of info!

2:20 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I was told, years ago, that I couldn't have PCOS because I was underweight. Years and doctors later I've finally been diagnosed.

Now to get them to do something about it...

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just stummbled across your blog. After 5 years of trying and one miscarriage later, my husband and I just found out we have a MF problem, too.
How are you guys dealing? We don't know anybody else who has gone through this so it makes it kind of tough.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home