Bella Vida

Married for 6 years. Trying to have a baby almost as long. Living a Beautiful Life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Married & Trying to have a baby for almost 4 years. Dealing with MF (male factor infertility).

Monday, July 30, 2007

Surprises

The IF community of bloggers is huge, but small it seems at the same time. I notice this most when I'm reading comments on other blogs and I see names I'm so familiar with. And now that I've met some fellow bloggers in person, the names also have faces to match. Just a random observation.

I was reading Ultimate Journey's blog and her post reminded me of that long ago thought of surprising D with the news of pregnancy. Three years ago I got a cup that has "daddy" (if I'm remembering it correctly cuz I haven't seen it in 3 yrs) on it, and the plan was to surprise him with his morning coffee in it one day in never-never-land. The thought actually makes me giggle now. As if shit like that actually happens. Well, I guess it does for some people. Just not me. Anyone else got stuff tucked away in the closet? Waiting, waiting, waiting...

In other news, this weekend brought a new little surprise to our home. We have hummingbirds! I simply can't believe it. I had never actually seen one in person until last week. I was looking out the back sliding door and one stopped to investigate the roses that have suddenly reappeared. I got a feeder and filled it sugar water and hoped she would come back. On Saturday morning she did come back and brought her friends. Now there are 3 and they fight a lot. There is one that guards the feeder almost all day and tries to peck the hell out of the other 2 if they come anywhere near it. I've tried to get pics but me coming near the door too quickly freaks them out and they flee. So I have to sneak...and crawl...with a camera...lol

cd15

8 Comments:

Blogger LJ said...

Oh! How adorable! I can't wait to see pictures.

It's like us and our rabbits - we have a whole family, including the teeniest little bunny foo foo.

1:26 PM  
Blogger In and Out of Luck said...

I didn't have a mug or anything, just fantasies, imagined conversations. Like me prancing out of the bathroom smiling -- but it always ended up me slumping out of the bathroom sobbing. It sucks.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

I bought a stupid Christmas decoration that you can put a picture inside. I was planning on putting the picture of an ultrasound in it and discreetly hanging it on my in-law's tree at Christmas one year....

Seems so stupid now.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Lea Bee said...

(i have stuff hidden away in my closet...cl actually brought some of it out, but then took it back away after the last m/c)

6:38 PM  
Blogger ultimatejourney said...

Stupid IF. Ruining all our fun plans. Yeah, they were probably silly in retrospect, but they would've been fun anyway.

7:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Reading about hummingbirds made me smile for some reason :) Its nice to have little things make us forget about IF for a bit.

1:55 AM  
Blogger One View said...

I had bought a Father's day card because the first time I thought I could be pregnant was close to Father's day and I thought I would surprise him on that day. Well that never happened. I kept the card over the years but now I have no idea where it is (its been so long). Cute story about the humming birds.. :) Hope you are able to take a pic.. :)

12:44 PM  
Blogger Ms. Perky said...

I used to dream of how I would find a cute way to tell my husband about a pregnancy... and how we'd find a terribly cute way to give the news to our parents. That didn't happen. When I got pregnant this time, I walked into the bedroom, woke him up from a nap and shoved a pee-stick in front of his face and burst into tears, terrified that this was all for nothing again and that it would just once again push off the inevitable IVF cycle that we were about to start.

And, well, here we are.

Suffice it to say, there was little creativity in telling him about the pregnancy, and even less fanfare in telling our parents. But it doesn't take away from the joy in the end. I hope.

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home