Bella Vida

Married for 6 years. Trying to have a baby almost as long. Living a Beautiful Life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Married & Trying to have a baby for almost 4 years. Dealing with MF (male factor infertility).

Monday, July 14, 2008

Progress


Foyer & closet. The tiles are placed down to determine pattern and spacing. Hubbs is there cutting the closet door jamb.

We worked all weekend and got most of the foyer finished. The section around the stairs has to wait for the laminate install. I'm pretty excited about the look of it. Not bad for novices I think.

The tiles are "glued" (thinset) and waiting for grout.

We'll probably grout tonight. Woo-hoo! Well, not exactly. Not much excitement for grout. Just to be done. I'm tired of all the messy stuff and we should be using gloves more often b/c in California this stuff is known to "cause reproductive problems and cancer." Good grief. I suppose we should have been more careful with this crap cuz goodness knows we don't need any additional issues.



Hubbs decided he wanted to do a mosaic for the transition space between the bath and foyer. Here it is before grout. Isn't he crafty? :)


DIY: I'm showing this pic b/c we used American pennies (see tiles on right) for tile spacers. Worked great for a small grout line and we didn't have to spend actual money for spacers.

We ate like crap all weekend and I found out I didn't get invited to a baby shower. I think people are getting the hint. I'm officially off the family baby shower circulation list. I usually send gifts, I just can't attend.

8 Comments:

Blogger Hope2morrow said...

Gee, it looks amazing! We're currently working on my office and our master bathroom. I hope tile in the master bath looks as great as yours! Way to go! Love the penny idea and your hubby's transition idea!

11:43 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

The tiling looks amazing. How clever you both are.

It's a bit bittersweet to be not invited, huh? Easier in some ways but still difficult.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Congrats on the floor! It looks great!

3:06 PM  
Blogger Just Me. said...

Wow!!!! Tiles look really amazing!!!!!

4:54 AM  
Blogger beagle said...

You guys are pros!

7:38 AM  
Blogger Deathstar said...

Great job on the tiling! For some strange reason, I find it exciting. Don't ask me why.

How do you find working together on projects with your hubby? Whenever my husband decides to fix something, I want to leave the house cause I know sooner or later, I'm gonna get yelled at for something.

Forget about the infernal baby showers, you can always still send a gift.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Do you have spider man powers? How are you taking pictures from the roof??

10:05 PM  
Blogger dmarie said...

Tara---LOLOLOL. I wish I did have spidey powers! We have a stairway with rails that makes a U shape going upstairs. It allows me to look down from the 2nd floor.

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home