Bella Vida

Married for 6 years. Trying to have a baby almost as long. Living a Beautiful Life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Married & Trying to have a baby for almost 4 years. Dealing with MF (male factor infertility).

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Another salad


Spring mix salad with red onion, red bell pepper, grape tomatoes and feta

I've been making my own salad dressings this summer. Gotta say I love it. Of course I'm getting the recipes from Allrecipes.com. Here's my favorite dressing recipe so far:

Absolutely Fabulous Greek/House Salad dressing

INGREDIENTS (scaled down to 10 servings)
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1-1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 1-1/4 teaspoons dried oregano
  • 1-1/4 teaspoons dried basil
  • 1 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
  • 1/2 cup red wine vinegar*
  • 1/4 cup red wine or White Merlot**
  • 4-5 dashes balsamic vinegar**
  • 1-4 teaspoons sugar to taste*

DIRECTIONS

  1. In a very large container, mix together the olive oil, garlic powder, oregano, basil, pepper, salt, onion powder, sugar and Dijon-style mustard. Pour in the vinegar and wine and mix vigorously until well blended. Store tightly covered at room temperature.
*Altered or added as recommend by other reviews.
**Added by me.
The wine and sugar help lessen the punchy vinegar taste. Yeah...that's it :)

Here's my cat wondering when we're gonna be finished with the downstairs already! He makes me so nervous when he does this.

8 Comments:

Blogger LJ said...

My cats watch us the same way. "Hey lady, less stuff, more tuna! And milk! Lots of milk!"

9:16 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

LOL! I get nervous when my cat does the same thing! She is so pretty! Oh and the salad sounds delicious.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

That salad looks extremely yummy!

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum! You are making me HUNGRY.

6:16 PM  
Blogger Just Me. said...

AH, i can't remember where I saw, but somebody posted a receipe too!

Looks yummy-li-cious. :)

Your cat's so cute!

9:42 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Salad looks great! I love making my own salads and dressings. If you interesting, my two faves are the "Papaya Avocado Salad":

http://www.bestofbridge.com/Recipe165.aspx

And the "Pomegranite and Feta Salad":

http://www.bestofbridge.com/Recipe258.aspx

Both from Best of Bridge.


And you cat is adoreable!

2:38 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

The salad looks great but the cat is my favourite. He is so handsome. I just got a kitten, I think I might blog about her.
I take it he was just looking and wouldnt actually step off? I really hope so.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Deathstar said...

I love allrecipes.com too! Ooh, I have salad for dinner!

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home