Bella Vida

Married for 6 years. Trying to have a baby almost as long. Living a Beautiful Life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Married & Trying to have a baby for almost 4 years. Dealing with MF (male factor infertility).

Monday, July 07, 2008

Bribing the neighbors



My husband can be quite determined. He has a hard time stopping when in the middle or changing direction no matter what the circumstance. DIY Tip: If ever you decide to rent tools from Home Depot--if you rent on Friday night at 6:01pm, you can pay the minimum (4 hr.) rental fee and keep the equipment until 9am the following day. So we rented a wet saw and got to cuttin' on the front porch. Well, the saw was LOUD. Very loud. And it was the 4th of July and people were out on their porches and lawns celebrating and waiting for fireworks. We were still cutting at 10:30pm. Ughhh. Hubbs paid no mind to my un-neighborly worries and forged on. So then I had to spend tons of time on Saturday baking bribery-thank-you-for-not-calling-the-police-on-us-cookies. See the picture above. This was my first time making shortbread cookies and melting dark chocolate Hershey's Kisses. Really great combo.

Today my ass and thighs are burning. I hate DIY. Officially. We finally cut and put in all the marble for the bath and grouted. I'm a little pissed about the grout b/c it's much lighter than the color on the box. Warning: Laticrete Almond looks White. Next are the sink connects and the toilet connects and we move on to the foyer tiles. Sooo not looking forward to it.


We had a pretty healthy 4th meal of sauteed veggies and yummy potatoes. No meat. However, we more than made up for it with pizza on Saturday :)

8 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

The cookies look perfect! I would be a forgiving neighbor if I got some of those! :) And the bathroom looks fab... coming along nicely!

1:03 PM  
Blogger Meghan said...

You could be my neighbor ;)

bathroom is looking great...very impressed!

1:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

First: Bathroom looks great!

Second: I didn't call the cops on you...where's my cookies? they look amazing! :)

1:42 PM  
Blogger Hope2morrow said...

Oh, those cookies look amazing. What a sweet neighbor you are; guys just don't think about things like disturbing the neighbors.

The bathroom looks awesome too! Congrats on your busy weekend!

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your bathroom looks amazing (want to come and do mine?). Thanks also for the tip about Home Depot.

Your cookies look wonderful!

5:37 PM  
Blogger LJ said...

SO SMART on the tool rental. We did that with renting scaffolding once.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Those cookies do look amazing! After that I'm sure your neighbors were too busy chewing to complain!

3:49 PM  
Blogger Rosie said...

Oh, that recipe for the potatoes looks really good! I'll have to try it.. Btw, I didn't get the e-mail you said you sent about the bracelets- it may have gone to my junk/spam folder?

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home