Bella Vida

Married for 6 years. Trying to have a baby almost as long. Living a Beautiful Life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Married & Trying to have a baby for almost 4 years. Dealing with MF (male factor infertility).

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Stamp out infertility



There are times when I can actually feel a baby in my arms resting on my chest. At first, it's comforting and warm. I can feel her head cradled in my protective hand and my lips kissing her soft head. And then I take a breath and as my lungs fill with air and my chest rises, I feel the heavy emptiness. Sometimes when we're in bed I imagine him in between us. I see my hand stroking his tiny back. The pain of infertility is so palpable for me. The air is thick and I feel as though someone is seated on my neck.

Seeing this stamp reminded me of that feeling.

5 Comments:

Blogger Deathstar said...

Mmmm, when I saw that stamp, I thought maybe the artist really knew... just knew. It says it all doesn't it?

11:48 PM  
Blogger LJ said...

Wow. That's just...wow

9:28 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

Wow is right. What a beautiful and heartwrenching description.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

That stamp is an excellent depiction of what it really feels like.

6:49 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Wow, what a beautiful post. The stamp holds so much, the emptiness, the hope. It's just beautifully put.

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home