Bella Vida

Married for 6 years. Trying to have a baby almost as long. Living a Beautiful Life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Married & Trying to have a baby for almost 4 years. Dealing with MF (male factor infertility).

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

New Toy



I got a new toy. I'm so excited. I've been wanting a Kitchenaid for a while and really couldn't justify the expense, but with all the remodeling I'd been thinking more about getting one. I got this never-used (sans box) mixer with the slicer/shredder and meat grinder attachments all for $175 on Craigslist. Craigslist is my new love. Forget Ebay. Especially since I've been screwed twice on Ebay and swore it off a couple years ago. I know lots of people have great success using Ebay, but it's not for me. I like dealing locally a lot better. I really wanted a cobalt one to match the counters we're going to do, but a deal is a deal. This one is imperial grey and retail it's all worth about $400. Yeah...loving Craigslist.

Hubbs says he's expecting some sort of treat this week since we finally have our counter space back and I'm cooking again. We'll have to see how the week shapes up. I'm so busy still trying to put the house back together, but I can't wait to use it.

On the infertility side of the coin, we had a urologist appointment yesterday. The Arimidex doesn't seem to be working anymore to keep hubbs testoterone up. We're going back in on Friday for a mini or partial semen analysis looking at count only. I was hoping hubbs could try Clomid with the Arimidex, but apparently men on Clomid usually have low FSH, and hubbs has high (24) FSH, low testosterone and high estrogen. Sucks. Anyone else have experience with this? Most of this feels like a "moo point" b/c I've yet to find ANYONE who has had a husband have success with any of these drugs. And by success I mean they got pregnant without ART.

This is what I keep seeing as I think about yesterdays appointment. LOL I can't believe I found this video.

7 Comments:

Blogger LJ said...

Yeah! It's like a cow's opinion. It's moo!!!

11:50 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Shoes said...

Love your new toy! We have one and it's a lot of fun.

As far as the drug treatments for MF, I have rarely seen it work. And DH actually had a much lower count after Clomid. I think it's all a shot in the dark. DH's urologist was willing to let us try whatevever, but he didn't put much faith in the drugs because none of the studies show a real effect. But then again, we did get pregnant without ART, but it was after he had been off the Clomid for a few months.

11:58 AM  
Blogger Deathstar said...

http://www.pregnancy-info.net/infertility_natural_treatments_vitamins.html

My husband went on some vitamins, including Co-enzyme Q10 and that improved his sperm count, so if you do some research, you might find some further info.

Also, loved the "moo point".

I love the Cuisinart - and have been lusting for one for years - my baking interest peaked when I was trying to conceive - but they were so expensive and at the time I didn't have the counter space. Of course, if I had one now that might get a little dangerous - cause then I would have to use it!

12:32 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Kitchenaid! I use it for EVERYTHING...even mashing my potatoes!

DH was on Clomid for about 9 months to try to improve his count, and while it did improve ever so slightly, we did need ART as well.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Congratulations on the new toy! I love my KitchenAid mixer. Someone saw mine once and made a comment about being married so many years had made me domestic. My answer was that I was always domestic. DH bought me the KitchenAid mixer for Christmas when I was in college! I've had it for over 15 years now, we've moved 3 times and it still works like a champ.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Hope2morrow said...

LOVE THE NEW TOY! We are huge fans of Craigslist and almot refuse to use eBay anymore becuase their prices keep going up. Glad you found a present for your new kitchen. Can't wait to see pics of the final product.

Also, I have a great, easy chicken recipe if you want to email me for it. Might save you some time with a busy schedule.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

I loved Friends! That was too funny! I love your new KitchenAid; I got one a couple of months ago and I LOVE it, too! Also, I can't wait to see pics of your home renovation when it's through. Take care! :-)

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home