Bella Vida

Married for 6 years. Trying to have a baby almost as long. Living a Beautiful Life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

Married & Trying to have a baby for almost 4 years. Dealing with MF (male factor infertility).

Thursday, September 04, 2008

NKOTB


Wow. This morning I woke up to the New Kids on TV. Performing. I know they've been back for a little while and are doing the talk-show tour thing, but this was the first time I actually watched. I can't freakin' believe it's been 20-years! I was a HUGE fan when I was younger. Thought I was gonna marry Jordan. OMG. LOL. I just can't believe I'm 20-years older. Twenty. I grew up in South Florida and went to several concerts as a kid. A friends mom had a contact at the ticket promoters office, so we usually had great seats and almost got backstage passes once--GAH! One of our moms always had to go with us b/c at 12 none of us could drive. I think we even took a limo once. It really made me smile to think of all my friends from back then--Alexis, Marnie, Carin, Daniela. We were so in love and obsessed. Fast forward twenty-some odd years and all the New Kids have kids (all but Jon), and I didn't marry Jordan. I wish I could go back and tell that 12-year-old to hold on cuz it was gonna get bumpy...err bumpier. And maybe to get her head outta the clouds cuz later on it was gonna be harder to do so. Anyway, this is suddenly going in a different direction. My original point was that it was nice to go back to that time for a minute. It's kinda weird to see them perform now and feel none of that awe I did back then. It's definitely strange to see them trying to recapture the NKOTB frenzy. I saw their new video and I have to say it's pretty disappointing. I mean--they're married fathers in da club with very young girls--wtf? Sorry, not feeling it.

But I am still feeling this one :)

3 Comments:

Blogger LJ said...

I have to hang my head in shame as a child of the 80s - I hated them. I was SUCH a Beatles fan, and their hysteria was compared to Beatlemania, and as such, it caused me to loathe them.

But I am getting a kick out of their comeback. Their new video is laughtastic.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Sunny said...

Oh I still love them. Going to the concert in Oct. I wasn't a freak about them but I was a sweet lover of them. :)

8:27 PM  
Blogger Deathstar said...

They really should just call it New Kids who are Now Men Who Need Money to pay for their kids tuition. I kind of liked N'Sync better. hahahaha

1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home